Friday, April 11, 2014

Cameron Diaz on Objectification

According to actress Cameron Diaz, women want to be objectified.

She's sexy and she knows it. Cameron Diaz is aware that some people see her as just a pretty face and a hot body -- but she says that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, she rather enjoys being looked at as a sex object, and she believes other women feel the same.
"I think every woman does want to be objectified," the 40-year-old model-turned-actress told the U.K.'s Sunday Times. "There's a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think it's healthy."
The Bad Teacher star doesn't even mind stripping down to her underwear for photo shoots, as she did for a recent Terry Richardson spread in the November issue of Esquire UK. "It's empowering," she explained. "I'm not some young girl with the photographer going, 'Will you take your clothes off?' I'm like [mimes stripping], 'How does this look?' [The stylists are] like, 'Today we're not going to put anything other than bras and heels on you, and I'm like, 'These heels are not high enough,'" she continued.
And the stunning single star says that kind of confidence doesn't just come from her world-famous face and figure.
"I'm a woman, I know how to handle myself," she told the paper. "I know what I feel comfortable doing, and I know my sexuality."

So, there you have it.  Miss Diaz enjoys being regarded as a sex object, and finds it "empowering."  She feels that she knows how to handle herself as a woman.  She doesn't feel that she is suffering, nor abused, nor dehumanized, nor that she has "reached the nadir of social worthlessness", as Miss Dworkin and other Feminists of her ilk might opine.

Here is Miss Diaz, in her famous dry-humping scene with Justin Timberlake in Bad Teacher


and, the famous Penis Song from The Sweetest Thing


Feminists will certainly swoon and faint, and declare that the civil impact of her films has been to create vast hopelessness and despair for women.  Others will just see her movies as good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment